Tuesday 21 September 2010

Covering Letter sent to Autonomy

I sent off my first covering letter just now (with my CV) with the subject heading 'Software Developer Internship/Graduate opportunities at Autonomy' as follows...
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to enquire about any Software Developer internship or graduate career opportunities available at Autonomy. I am a final year PhD student at Imperial College London awaiting my viva which is due to take place in early November. My area of study is Computing and, more specifically, the focus of my dissertation has been information exchange in societies of autonomous agents for resource allocation problems.

I hope to utilise both the practical and analytical skills acquired during my undergraduate and doctorate degrees, as well as previous employment, to work for a company at the forefront of technology. The area of intelligent information is of particular interest to me and I would be most appreciative of an opportunity to work with the great minds at Autonomy, to learn more about the solutions employed and to contribute to the development of the company. In addition to my core experience of working with a range of software and programming languages, I believe I have the qualities of self-motivation, problem solving, communication and teamwork required for a career at Autonomy, as demonstrated and developed over the course of my academic, career and voluntary pursuits.

I would be available to begin at the earliest opportunity and am pleased to provide further information about myself in person at any time. I have attached my CV, thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
Adil Hussain (07954 402 672)

Exciting times! :)>

No comments: